What does it cost to develop good team leadership skills? Does it requires money, discipline or education to build a good team as a young entrepreneur?
What are the secrets of successful leadership you need to succeed as a business owner?
Firstly, we must understand that leadership is a sole responsibility of leading a group of people with common belief to achieve a certain goal.
Hence, can we now declare that when we see a group of people failing, it means the leadership behind them has also failed? What do you think?
Therefore, let’s discuss what is team leadership? The vital team leadership skills needed for success, how to become a good team leader and some basic team leadership quotes in summary.
Who is a Team Leader?
According to Wikipedia, a team leader is a person who provides instructions, directions, guidance and leadership to a group of people for the purpose of achieving a certain goal.
He carries the responsibility to ensure that his/her team achieves its mission, goals and objectives.
Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader, they set out to make a difference, its never about the role, always about the goalLisa Haisha
Later as we proceed, we’ll check out 10 team leadership skills for young entrepreneurs.
The team leadership skills discussed here covers you irrespective of your geographical location and race, they work for both white or black young entrepreneurs.
ALSO READ: The gap between the rich and the poor.
What is Team Leadership:
Team Leadership is the act of organizing and coordinating a group of people to facilitate a specific mission.
It involves inspiring team members, managing meetings, setting goals and meeting them.
Every successful organization we see today is a product of direct good team leadership skills.
Big tech companies like Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, Tesla and Alibaba are product of good team leaders.
These are people who took the bull by the horn to build world class multi-billion dollar companies.
It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeedNapoleon Hill
10 Team Leadership Skills for Young Entrepreneurs:
Let’s examine this top 10 team leadership skills for business owners and entrepreneurs;
1. Be Human:
No body wants to work with a perfect leader who knows it all. Hence, build collaboration and solidarity by revealing your weakness.
2. Follow Your Intuition:
To be most effective, you need to know what’s going on without others spelling it out for you.
Collect unspoken data’s from body language and the looks people share across rooms and meetings to help you intuit the underlying messages.
3. Sense of Empathy:
Care deeply about your team members and employees but accept nothing less than the very best.
4. Team leadership requires uniqueness:
Demonstrate that you’re a singular leader by showing your unique qualities to those around you.
5. Focus on the Future:
Articulate where your company or division is going and be sure everyone around you understands the direction.
6. Make Things Happen:
Once you know where you’re headed, focus on how. Again, be sure all of your people know what execution will take.
Always make positive moves.
7. Inspire every Member of Your Team to do Their Best:
Make the most of your people, engage and inspire them to do their best.
The strength of the team is each member, the strength of each member is the teamPhil Jackson
ALSO READ THIS: 17 Smart Ways to Reduce Production Cost in a Workplace.
8. Build out the talents you need in your team:
Find and build the talents you need for future success.
That is to say, let every member of your team feel unique and important.
9. Team leadership requires boldness:
Fear must be far from anyone who wants to lead people.
You must be daring, unpredictable and challenging at your race.
Boldness makes even the smallest animal dangerous.Robert Greene
10. Self development is a vital requirement in team leadership:
Train your mind, build intellectual capacity, find ways to continually build your skills and become better.
Keep innovating on your failures.
“Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating.”Elon Musk – CEO and Product Architect of Tesla, Inc., CEO and Chief Engineer at SpaceX, founder of The Boring Company and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI
ALSO READ THIS: How to Start a Real Estate Business from Scratch.
Six Tips to Become a Good Leader:
Six vital tips to become a good team leader (team leadership skills that works)
1. Coach your team and organization to success instead of bossing them around:
According to Phil Jackson, the strength of the team is each member. The strength of each member is the team.
A good leader must position to serve others instead of being served and bossing workers around.
2. Facilitate people to discover the solutions in them through co-operation:
Don’t manage people, facilitate them. Often the know-how, experiences and solutions are there, help people to discover them.
Show workers the light in them.
Together, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results.Becka Schoettle
3. Build respect by respecting your team first instead of demanding it:
Always express appreciation to your team members.
Value their input and reward them at every given opportunity.
4. Learn how to manage their failures and not just success alone:
Management skills are required in good team leadership, this includes managing both success and failures.
Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success.Henry Ford
5. Exercise humility Team leadership:
Be gracious and humble about your success and whenever possible, give your team members the opportunity to shine.
Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or positionBrian Tracy
6. Lead with confidence:
Nobody wants to work with a leader in doubt. Let your team know you’re up to the task and clear out the feelings of the unknown.
RANDOM ARTICLES FOR YOU:
7 Successful Entrepreneurs Proved to be Introverts.
35 Ways to Increase Workplace Productivity for Small Business Owners.
10 Focus Keys to Make You Self Employed.
Best Time to Get a Quick Loan Cash.
Cost of Business Insurance for Small Business Owners.
14 Team Leadership Quotes:
Here are some powerful team leadership quotes you need to boost your workplace teamwork.
- As we look ahead into the next century leaders would be those who empower others – Bill Gates.
- Great leaders believe they work for their team, average leaders believe their team works for them – Alexander Den Heijer
- Leaders become great not because of their power but because of their abilities to empower others – Team Leadership quotes.
- Great leaders are not the best at everything, they find people who are the best in different things and get them all on the same team – Team leadership quotes.
- A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Being a leader is like being a lady, if you have to go around telling people you are a leader, you aren’t – Margaret Thatcher.
- A leader must inspire or his team will expire – Team leadership quotes
- Great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.” —Steve Jobs
- Teamwork makes the dream work. – Bang Gae
- Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people – John Rockefeller
- A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind – Bill Bethel
- A leader must inspire or his team will expire – Orrin Woodward
- No individual can win a game by himself – Pele
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships – Michael Jordan
What is team leadership to you? How can we bring out the best from any team? Drop your contributions at the comment session.